Therapeutic School or Program
Wilderness • Therapeutic Boarding Schools • RTCs
Is your family in crisis? We can help if your troubled teen, adolescent, or young adult exhibits any of these behaviors:
- Substance (drug or alcohol) abuse
- Oppositional/defiant behavior
- Depression or anxiety
- Anger or aggression
- Erratic mood
- Poor choice of friends
- Inappropriate decision-making
- Self-destructive behaviors
- Spoiled, materialistic, unappreciative
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of motivation or refusal to attend school
- Underachieving or failing in school
- Suspension or expulsion from school
- Trouble with the law
- Acting-out, out-of-control behavior
- Sexual identity and promiscuity issues
- Runaway patterns
- Eating disorder
- Adoption or abandonment issues
- Maladaptive behaviors resulting from trauma or abuse
- Negative behaviors associated with NLD (Non-Verbal Learning Disability)
- Not moving forward in life
- Learning disability or ADD/ADHD in combination with any of the above
With so many wilderness programs, therapeutic boarding schools, and residential treatment centers available, selecting the right one can be a daunting task, especially for parents in crisis. Overwhelmed by a barrage of emotions – confusion, desperation, frustration – parents may not be able to determine on their own which therapeutic school or program best meets their situation and the needs of their child. Relying on Internet marketing or a friend’s recommendation, parents can easily make the wrong choice, putting their child’s life in further jeopardy. In fact, many therapeutic schools and programs prefer to work with educational consultants because we can paint a more accurate, objective picture of a student and help insure the integrity of the therapeutic school’s population and milieu.
That’s where the specialty services of our owners, Judi and Jason Robinovitz, play a pivotal role. They are always ready to help families find the answers to the most commonly asked questions:
- How do we know if residential treatment is necessary?
- Would a wilderness therapy program be a good choice?
- With the hundreds of therapeutic boarding schools and residential treatment centers out there, how can we tell which would be best for our child?
Judi and Jason expertly guide parents through the complex maze of therapeutic placement options:
- Therapeutic wilderness programs
- Emotional-growth & therapeutic boarding schools
- Residential treatment centers
- Small residential programs
- Extended clinical assessment & crisis stabilization programs
- Transport services
- Drug/alcohol detox & rehabilitation programs
- Eating disorder treatment & aftercare programs
- Court-ordered placements
Judi and Jason travel extensively to stay abreast of current therapeutic boarding school and program offerings, staff changes, population mix, and therapeutic milieux at hundreds of facilities. In this realm of high-risk work, nothing replaces the most careful scrutiny that comes from our ongoing assessment visits to therapeutic schools and programs – and from following our students throughout their term of placement. We are among the most traveled consultants in our profession, so we accurately recommend the “best fit” wilderness programs, therapeutic boarding schools, and residential treatment centers for your child – as well as specific therapists. We literally go the distance.
We start the process by getting to know as much about your child and family as possible, assembling and evaluating a detailed history of your child’s behavioral and academic history – from you, from therapists and psychiatrists with whom your child has interacted, and from clinical and academic records. After identifying and discussing with you the best placement options for your child, we present his or her detailed profile to admission and clinical directors. Because we have successfully placed so many at-risk students and have an established reputation for providing some of the most informative student profiles, admission directors are more inclined to accommodate our placement – and even scholarship – requests. In fact, they continually tell us that we have a special gift when it comes to making the best therapeutic school and program matches for our clients.
But that’s not where it ends. We remain in the loop with parents and schools throughout the entire term of placement, monitoring a student’s progress, advocating for the student, and ensuring that a student’s and family’s needs are being fully met. We even help a family plan the next steps after a therapeutic placement.
In effect, we know even more than which schools and programs really work – we know which of their therapists will be the best match for your child!