The 2015-16 Florida Financial Aid Application (FFAA) will be available online as of December 1, 2014. The Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) website at www.FloridaStudentFinancialAid.org provides the FFAA to students seeking state scholarship and grant awards for the 2015-16 post secondary academic year.
This single application is used to evaluate the student for the programs listed below...
- Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program – Deadline August 31, 2015
- José Martí Scholarship Challenge Grant – Deadline April 1, 2015
- Rosewood Family Scholarship Program – Deadline April 1, 2015
- Scholarships for Children and Spouses of Deceased or Disabled Veterans – Deadline April 1, 2015
Note: The online 2015-16 FFAA will close August 31, 2015. By that date, all state scholarship and grant deadlines for the 2015-16 academic year will have passed and all school districts will have completed graduation (including summer session) for the 2014-15 academic year.
Steps Students Should Take to Complete the Application Process:
- Go to www.FloridaStudentFinancialAid.org.
- Select State Grants, Scholarships & Applications, and under Applicant Quick Links, select Student Application to complete and submit an online application.
- Pay attention to program deadlines listed in the application conditions section, the application results screen, and the application acknowledgement communication sent to the e-mail address provided by the student on his/her application.
- The FFAA will provide a User ID and PIN to each applicant upon submitting the application via the Saved Results Page and in an e-mail communication.
- Students can use their User IDs and PINs to check:
- The status of certification(s) prior to the program deadline(s)
- The status of awards following the program deadlines
- Notifications from OSFA regarding award status