So you’re preparing your college applications. Your GPA is excellent, you volunteered at the local homeless shelter, you played Varsity lacrosse, and you’re a nationally-ranked debater. You like to do things well, but your SAT/ACT scores are killing you. Does this sound a little like YOU?! Don’t worry, you’re not alone. For a lot of students, the college entrance exams feel like torturous enigmas, stumbling blocks on the way to a better college, a better future. It doesn’t need to be this way. There is hope!
Score at the Top offers workshops and private tutoring designed to fit your hectic schedule. We know how stressful this time of year is. We know how important your future is. Let us help you get ahead by setting you up with the right test preparation program for you.
Call Score at the Top and let our expert instructor’s disentangle the mysteries surrounding the SAT and ACT. Which test is better for you? Why? We can answer those questions. Each test is based upon a philosophy and an essential formula, and our test preparation experts know how to give test-takers insights into the workings of the exams, so that practice and a little hard work can lead to better results. We will be conducting a webinar on Tuesday, October 8th at 6:30 pm that will cover the differences between the SAT and the ACT, tune in to learn more! Ultimately, the college admissions process is about information, so the best way to approach that process is to make sure you have all the most accurate facts, which brings us to our next topic.
New Admissions Programs and Data for Florida Universities
UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA
Top Ten Knights
The University of Central Florida has introduced its Top Ten Knights program in light of new research which indicates that high school GPA is by far the most important factor in predicting success for college applicants.
- Graduate from Florida high school
- Top 10% (3.9 recalculated for schools that don’t rank)
- SAT R+M 1010 or ACT 21
- Guaranteed admission for fall, summer, or spring
- Dec 31 deadline
Burnett Medical Scholars Program (8 yrs)
The Burnett Medical Scholars Program is currently in its first year and it is designed to facilitate the articulation of Burnett Honors College students into UCF’s College of Medicine M.D. program.
- 12 students currently enrolled in the program
- Goal for 2014-2015: 10-15 students
- Minimum eligibility:
- SAT Reading and Math Combined Score: 1400 or ACT Composite: 32
- Core unweighted GPA: 3.7
- Admission is through Burnett Honors College
FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY
Wilkes Medical Scholars Program
The Wilkes Medical Scholars Program is a highly selective, early admission program into the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine for Florida students interested in careers in medicine.
- Earn BA and MD degrees in 7 or 8 years
- 3 applications:
- Wilkes Honors College
- College of Medicine
- Program limited to Florida 20 students per year
- Currently 6 students in the program (40 applied)
- Minimum GPA (weighted): 4.3
- Minimum scores: SAT Reading and Math: 1350 or ACT: 31
- SAT Subject Test in Math 2, Biology, Chemistry, or Literature (option but recommended)
- Patient experience (highly recommended)
- 2 essays
- Outstanding resume
- 1 recommendation
FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
FIU offers automatic admission to incoming freshman with the following:
- Recalculated GPA: 3.5
- SAT: 1680 or ACT: 25
FLORIDA POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY
Anticipated admissions statistics:
- GPA: 3.0-3.1
- SAT Reading and Math: 1200
- ACT Composite: 26
- Class Rank: Half in top 25% of class