The following schools require Subject Tests from all applicants, regardless of what other standardized testing results are shared:
- California Institute of Technology (will not be required for kids applying in 2021)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
University of Puerto Rico Bayamon (applicant may take the Prueba de Aptitud Academica [in Spanish] in lieu of both SAT and Subject Tests)
University of Puerto Rico Mayaguez (applicant may take the Prueba de Aptitud Academica [in Spanish] in lieu of both SAT and Subject Tests)
The following schools require Subject Tests from all applicants from the United States, unless the student selects to “substitute” AP or IB exam results for the corresponding Subject Test:
- University of Toronto (ON)
- L’ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (Switzerland)
- King’s College of London (United Kingdom)
The following school requires Subject Tests from all applicants from the United States if they submit an SAT but NOT if they submit an ACT:
- McGill University (PQ)
The following schools require Subject Tests from some applicants, regardless of what additional standardized testing is submitted:
- Cornell University (NY) – required for applicants to the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Engineering
- Northwestern University (IL) –three required only for students applying to Integrated Science and Engineering Program—only one in US that requires three; may also consider AP, IB or college courses to fulfill requirement
A big thank you to Cigus Vanni for compiling this list and allowing us to share it!
Check out our list of schools that recommend a SAT Subject Test.